- Available coding sources
- Default coding source configuration suggestion based on popular segment types
- How to add a default coding source to a segment
Available coding sources
- Budget - Used when users request a budget and complete the optional coding. We recommend this is set as source number 1.
- Expense Type - Used when a user selects an expense type, and is typically used to hard code the aligning Account/PL/Nominal code so that the selection is automated. For example, select "Accommodation" as an expense type and the "Hotel/Travel Account" code from the finance system is used.
- User - Driven from the user profile settings. This is used for coding which is driven by the employee, such as their default cost centre, department, or if they only work on a single client or project.
Default coding source configuration suggestion based on popular segment types
How to add a default coding source to a segment
Setting a Default Coding Source occurs within the segment creation
Step 1: You can add the default coding source by hovering your mouse over the line of the segment and click on Edit (pencil icon)
Step 2: Click on the dropdown under Default coding sources.
Step 3: Select the #1 coding source
Step 4: If applicable select the second coding source
Step 5: Click on Confirm